The school council are always extremely busy and play an important role in the running of the school. We meet at least twice each half term with Mrs Loxton to discuss class issues, how to raise money for projects and how we can improve our school. From these meetings the school councillors feedback to their classes and at the end of the school year we evaluate what we have achieved.
So what have we done?
- We are always thinking about how we can improve our school
- We run tuck shops to raise money for school projects, such as new library books.
- We organise non-uniform days that are sometimes fancy dress!
- We support national charities such as The Marvellous Children's Charity, Children in Need; Comic and Sport, and raise money through organising other whole school events.
- In September we organised the Roadl Dahl Dress Up day and raising money for the children's charity.
- We help to organise and run the playtime equipment making sure it is safe to use; put away properly and there is enough to play with.
- The school council plan to organise and run school events like the recent School Disco.
What can we do to make our school a better place?
If you have a good idea or have a concern about something in school please talk to your class representative and they will bring it to the next School Council meeting.
How can you become a school councillor?
At the start of each school year your class teacher will organise an election. Put together a short speech as to why you want to be a school councillor and what you think you could do to help improve our school. Hopefully you will win enough votes from your class to become a school councillor. Good Luck!
This year’s School Councillors are:-
Vulcan: Rhys and Sarah
Phantom: Ben and George
Tornado: Edie and Megan
Hawk - Cooper
Hurricane - Freddie
Harrier: Bella and Florence
Spitfire: Dilly and Sienna
Hercules: Henry and Choe
Lancaster: Maddison and Ella
Typhoon: Elizabeth and Alaya